Using a functional water heater is a pleasant experience, much as one would like to enjoy the seamless utility of having the needed water temperature at any point, it is important to pay attention to the things that keep your water heater in good shape. If yours has gone bad already, you can get a plumber to fix your water heater at affordable price. If you have a working water heater in place, below are a number of things you need to do to keep your machine in good shape, alive and kicking.
Basically, there two types of water heater: The Electric Water Heater and the Gas Water Heater. They both require distinct types of maintenance methods and care. Need I add here that if you are not particularly mechanically informed about it, get further education or engage a plumber to help you with those from time to time. You can get a lot of information about plumbing services online.
GAS WATER HEATER MAINTENANCE.
- Ensure you always test the TPR Valve: Especially after use and you have turned off the gas, with a bucket underneath, pull the trip lever, it should emit some water or vapor, if it doesn’t, then something is wrong. You might need plumber on it or just change the valve.
- Always flush and rinse it after checking the TPR valve.
- If you notice any drips or leaks, don’t wait until it worsens get an expert to look at it.
Simple steps as these can save you and your household from some dangerous mishaps.
ELECTRIC WATER HEATER MAINTENANCE
You can ensure sound functioning of your electric water heat by doing the following,:
- Maintain the temperature at between 115 – 1200F, that way, your tank won’t get overheat and you lower energy waste.
- Also Test the TPR Valve of electric water heater – very important.
- Ensure that you flush the tank from time to time, for cleanliness and get rid of substances that might endanger the functioning of your water heater.
Again, if you are not inclined about this get a plumber to take care of those for you anytime you want it.